Here is my part 2 follow up from Oddball Questions Part 1.
These are my responses to the Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions from Glassdoor, presented in Snappy Answers format.
Snappy Answers 13-25
13. “Name 5 uses of a stapler without staple pins.” – (EvaluServe)
Snappy answer: Entirely useless. See also: caffeine-free coffee and alcohol-free beer.
Alternatively (1) dental drill (2) geosynchronous satellite (3) pizza cutter (4) forklift (5) crampon.
14. “How much money did residents of Dallas/Ft. Worth spend on gasoline in 2008?” – (American Airlines)
Snappy answer: About $3.00 a gallon?
15. “How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?” – (Horizon Group Properties)
Snappy answer: Cuisinart (The easy answer – this question is the subject of some amusing math responses)
16. “You have a bouquet of flowers. All but two are roses, all but two are daisies, and all but two are tulips. How many flowers do you have?” – (Epic Systems)
Snappy answer: None, I tossed them out after they wilted.
17. “How many planes are currently flying over Kansas?” – (Best Buy)
Snappy answer: Euclidean or Cartesian?
18. “How many different ways can you get water from a lake at the foot of a mountain, up to the top of the mountain?” – (Disney Parks & Resorts)
Snappy answer: Infinite number of ways. Isn’t that obvious?
19. “What is 37 times 37?” –(Jane Street Capital)
Snappy answer: BD1
20. “If you could be a superhero, what power would you possess?” – (Rain and Hail Insurance)
Snappy answer: The power to end senseless interviews in a single bound!
21. “If you were a Microsoft Office program, which one would you be?” –(Summit Racing Equipment)
Snappy answer: Notepad.
22. “Pepsi or Coke?” – (United Health Group)
Snappy answer: Yes please.
23. “Are you exhaling warm air?” – (Walker Marketing)
Snappy answer: Get your hand off my leg, you pervert.
24. “You’re in a row boat, which is in a large tank filled with water. You have an anchor on board, which you throw overboard (the chain is long enough so the anchor rests completely on the bottom of the tank). Does the water level in the tank rise or fall?” – (Tesla Motors)
Snappy answer: If the anchor is thrown far enough so it clears the side wall of the tank, the level will rise. If the anchor consists of a massive sponge larger than the tank, then the level will fall.
25. “How do you feel about those jokers at Congress?” – (Consolidated Electrical)
Snappy answer: They’re not nearly as funny as I am